Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year - New Defanging the Snake

After almost 2 years since my last post, I'm starting this blog again.  But I'm changing the format and purpose.  Initially the blog was just about Modern Arnis and martial arts, but there's more to all of us than just one facet and rather than try to keep multiple identities online, I've decided just to move forward with this one.

However, I am keeping the title of the blog the same, because the concept of defending the snake is applicable to many things in life.  In martial arts, it refers to either debilitating an appendage or an appendage with a weapon.  It's the removal of something that is a threat, yet it is not the complete destruction of it.  You can take out a hand with a knife so they can't hurt you, but you're not taking someone's life. 

That concept can be used in other things in life as well to refer to things that are a threat to what we want to achieve whether it is motivation, fear, time, support, etc.

On this blog I plan on writing about many of the things I'm involved in besides martial arts, like writing and the million ideas that I'm working on but only getting 51% of the way to success (hence 51% entrepreneur), and running, etc. 

I hope that this will lead to two-way conversations, feedback and hopefully new ideas and new friends!

2 comments: